Lorena Stephenson, has a monthly cooking class using Vegan receipes. She also provides "healthful living" tips. Check back regularly for updates! Please email Lorena with any questions at: email@example.com
DOUBLE GREEN SMOOTHIE
1 ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy beverage, such as almond, coconut, rice or soy
Cilantro 'Chelation' Pesto
Fresh cilantro, or Chinese parsley, draws mercury, lead and aluminum from the body. This delicious pesto can be eaten daily after the removal of dental fillings, during a metal detoxification or at any time!
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup Brazil nuts (for selenium)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (for cysteine)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (for zinc and magnesium)
- 2 cups packed fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (for vitamin C)
- 2 tsp dulse or kelp powder (for minerals)
- 200-600 mg. Alpha Lipoic Acid (antioxidant, heavy metal chelator)
- Sea salt to taste
- Soak the nuts and seeds overnight. Drain the water.
- Process the cilantro and oil in a blender until the cilantro is chopped. Add the garlic, nuts and seeds, dulse (kelp) and lemon juice and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Add a little sea salt and blend again. May omit any ingredient, except for the cilantro, which is the main heavy metal detoxifier.
- Variation: May chop the cilantro with a plastic knife, to minimize it's metal exposure, blend the rest of the ingredients, and mix everything well.
- Store in dark glass jars if possible. It freezes well, so purchase cilantro in season and fill enough jars to last through the year.
- Use 2 teaspoons daily for at least 3 weeks as an annual detox for mercury, lead and aluminum.
- It is great on baked potatoes, pasta, toast, with rice or a vegetable dip. Make it part of your spring and/or fall cleansing routine.
Adapted from a recipe developed by Dr. Thomas Stearns Lee, NMD